Thursday, March 19, 2015

Yay for Juicing!



Tomorrow I am beginning a 14 day juice fast with the same buddy with whom I did the Lemonade Diet about this same time last year.  I am really excited and wildly optimistic as I already love juicing, it’s really easy, it’s very nutritious and - unlike the Lemonade Diet - we can use a vast variety of ingredients so we won’t get bored (to this day I still do not want to taste pure maple syrup ever again!!).

Juicing tonight was a lot of fun because of all the anticipation.  I made two juices - one apple, carrot, lemon, orange and ginger for breakfast and one kale, apple, lemon and ginger for lunch (I feel like there is another ingredient in that last one but I can’t think of what it is).  Before breakfast, I’ll be having hot lemon water which sounds pretty good.  I also bought coconut water and got my half-gallon water bottle ready.

I am employing my newly-purchased Organifi Green Juice Mix from FitLifeTV as well.  I received it in the mail yesterday (three business days after ordering - not bad at all!) and had to try it immediately.  While it doesn’t taste like some of the yummy combinations that come out of my juicer at home (thanks to sweet, sweet carrots, apples and other fruits), the taste is better than bearable.  It seems like it’s lacking flavor rather than exuding any unpalatable flavor which is a very good thing.  And, since it’s loaded with amazing things like spirulina, chlorella, wheatgrass and turmeric, it’s providing a powerful boost of goodness.

I’m not going to post my starting weight here because it’s just plain embarrassing.  Perhaps when I reach my goal weight I’ll be more inclined to share my current number, but right now I’m keeping that to myself.  Sorry guys!  I will however disclose how much I lose along the way so everyone can have an idea of my progress and I’ll also post a before photo and an after photo.  More importantly, I’ll be documenting how I feel because that’s more than half the battle really.  Feeling tired and unfocused is far worse than feeling flabby and frumpy in my opinion.  Those feelings are the main contributors to my physical flaws and eliminating them can only be for the better.

Writing this, I feel like I may just be starting another thing that I’ll only stick to for a while before giving up on it.  Maybe I’ll last the fourteen days but then stuff my face with horrible foods on day 15?  Fortunately, life is about trying new things and trying everything until something works.  So that’s my plan.  I’ll try, try again until I find the trial that makes my previous errors worthwhile.

Juicing?  Fasting?  Already done it?  Or just thinking about it?  Let me know!  I’d love to hear from you all and I’m sure your stories would be a huge motivation for me to write mine.  :)

<3 n

No comments:

Post a Comment