Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Workout Day One

Today my body had a total WTF moment.  I had my first workout in I don't know how long and it was I was horrible.  The elliptical killed my knees.  The push-ups hurt my arms.  The squats burned my thighs.  And the sit-ups, well, I don't know what they did but it weren't right (Lol! Yes, I'm laughing at myself and yes I know that wasn't grammatically correct).  J was my trainer for the night (he goes to crossfit and brings home his WODs) and despite his merciful methods (he went so easy on me), I felt like a baby deer walking for the first time when I finished.  I am so completely out of shape and I feel like a failure.  When I shaved my legs tonight, I could barely lift my calves to an accessible height.

Despite all of that, today was probably the perfect Day One.  I'm beyond bloated, super crampy and extra fatigued as it's that time of the month so I don't think I could possibly feel any worse during a workout than I did today. 
Tomorrow I'm starting a food journal (within my planner) to keep careful track of what goes in my mouth.  We're also getting a small workout in at work.  A few of my staff members and I are alternating between one minute planks and one minute of squats every hour.  It's not much but it's more than I do now and it's a great mini break from sitting at our desks for most of the day.  I'm also going to attempt the gallon-a-day water challenge again since I failed last time.

Well, that’s all for tonight!  Stay tuned for more Nic Gets Fit posts soon and let’s hope I have better news in those future posts than I had today.  ;)

P.S.  I'm back after another long hiatus.  I'm throwing out the daily blogging idea because I just don't feel it was conducive to quality writing.  The pressure to churn out a specific type of post everyday was like a cold press juicer attempting to juice the same piece of fruit for a week straight.  After a while, I was all pulp.  From now on, I will be blogging less often but hopefully in a more substantial way that allows my creative juices to start and keep flowing.

<3 n

No comments:

Post a Comment