Tuesday, February 3, 2015

My January Favorites 2015!!


Welcome to my very first monthly favorites post!  I really love watching monthly favorites videos and posts because they're like a bunch of mini reviews stuffed into one tidy package.  That is why, this year, I’ve decided to do my own monthly favorites blog posts.  I hope you enjoy them too!  Let’s begin, shall we?



First up, we have the Clarisonic Mia 2.  I must confess I am not kind to my skin and I know it’s a terrible, terrible sin indeed.  I often fall asleep in my makeup and the deep-cleansing ritual I formerly employed included a lot of harsh scrubbing with rough wash cloths.  No more!  I love how clean the Mia 2 gets my skin and how quickly it completes the task.  It truly killed two of my baddest birds with one stone.  It’s quick and easy so the once-daunting task of removing my makeup in the evening is now a breeze and it’s so effective I don’t need to abuse my skin to feel completely clean.



Next is Urban Decay’s Naked on the Run palette.  I have used this almost everyday since I received it from J for Christmas.  The eyeshadows are well-pigmented and the blush and bronzer are great.  The reviews I’ve watched have agreed that the palette could do with the addition of a darker shade, but I think it’s an awesome little kit all the same.  I would highly recommend it to someone just starting out with makeup as it offers a good sampling of neutral shades and it contains everything you need (minus foundation and concealer if you partake of them) to create a beautiful, natural look.



I don’t always buy nail polish, but when I do I am on a quest to find the perfect neutral-y baby pink color as well as any product that helps my manicure last.  I am not a girly girl when it comes to my nails.  I wish I was, but my life just doesn’t allow for it.  I do a lot of cleaning, scrubbing, outdoorsy tasks, etc and it all takes its toll on my nails.  I really want to start getting regular mani/pedis both for the sake of my nails and as a little bit of ritualistic pampering.  Anyway, back to these favorites.  I picked up a beautiful soft pink, a base coat and a top coat from Sally Hansen’s Complete Salon Manicure line.  I was very impressed with how long my nails stayed chip-free and shiny and I will definitely be purchasing other colors from this range.


As the state of the packaging may tell you, this product has been with me for a while.  I purchased it some time ago and gave it couple tries, but for some reason I drifted away from using it (I don’t remember why).  Within the past month, I revisited Neutrogena’s Shine Control Primer and I’ve been loving it.  It feels a bit gritty upon application, but I believe sacrificing a super smooth application for a shine-free face is pretty worth it.  I apply it under Neutrogena’s Nourishing Long Wear Foundation and I am very pleased with the combo.



This brilliantly pink purse is a little summery for the current season, but I love it sooooo much!  And, hey, I live in California.  No one can accuse us of having a winter.  This beautiful bag came from Target with a small price tag and a big discount (I got it for 30% off last month I think and someone told me they are 70% off currently).  I Instagrammed a photo of this purse along with a couple other pink items today.  Check it out here if you’re interested. :)



Next up we have an oldie (as tech standards go) but a goodie - my iPhone 5S.  I’ve had this phone for a little over a year and I’m still as happy with it today I was when I first unboxed it.  I am featuring it as a favorite this month due to its performance despite many unfortunate moments lately.  In early January, on a rainy day, I dropped my phone into the gutter which had turned into a small rushing river due to the rain.  A moment passed before I even realized I’d dropped it and another couple moments passed before I finally found it, made an effort to shake it dry and then waited for it to die on me.  It never did!  To my surprise, my phone was still working an hour, a day and now a whole month later.  My phone has also endured plenty of other drops including a face plant in the parking lot and a swim in the shower.  Except for the damage seen above, my phone remains unharmed and I remain a happy iPhone user.


This is my newest gadget purchase - the Intuos Pen & Touch Tablet.  My dad bought me a similar device when I was little and it was one of my favorite things all those years ago.  I remember one of the first things I drew with it - a bowl of fruit.  This time around, I was just as excited as I was back then.  I haven't had a moment to really work with it, but the few test drives I’ve done have been quite promising.


I’ve used mason jars for almost everything this past month from food storage to gifts and everything in between.  They’re clear so they perfectly showcase whatever you fill them with, they’re inexpensive (I purchased a pack of twelve 32oz jars for $9.99 at Target) and they have a wonderful homemade look.  I have a foodie post coming up on Friday featuring a mason jar so be sure to look out for that!


Looking back on the impromptu trip to Bath & Body works that led me to purchase this candle, I could kick myself for not buying every last one they had.  I believe the scent has been discontinued save for their wallflowers product which is cool and all but I’m a candle girl.  The Sunset Beach scent smells like what you'd imagine the perfect beach to smell like on the best day ever - warm, sweet and just enough sand to let you know you're at beach but not enough to get stuck in your swimsuit.  It's wonderful.


Lastly, I have another scented favorite which also has beachy qualities.  This Febreze spray smells like sweet, sunny, salty sea air.  Lovely!  I'm not sure why I've been so attracted to summery things lately.  The season won't be here for months and I'm not even a huge fan of summer.

Well, that is it for my January favorites!  Thanks so much for reading!!  If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and if you have a January favorites video or post to share, please leave me the link below!  Thank you!

<3 n

No comments:

Post a Comment