Monday, February 2, 2015

Motivational Monday: Try, Try Again



There’s a reason the old adage above has stood the test of time.  It is some of the best advice that’s ever been uttered.  As humans, our failures always outweigh our successes.  It’s simply in our nature.

To say I didn’t succeed this past month would be an understatement.  January was a complete fail for me.  I was sick and subsequently got others around me sick.  I didn’t complete the gallon-a-day water challenge.  I haven’t blogged consistently.  The list goes on…

I thought about quitting my blog altogether because I don’t want to be one of those people who makes promise after promise to do something big and then ends up disappointing again and again.  Although my posting history says otherwise, I really care about blogging.  I love writing and creating.  I’ve just let life get in the way which I know is unacceptable.

At the risk of failing once more, I am setting out to make this new month a great, goal-fueled and accomplishment-filled period of time.  I know the only thing worse than failing is giving up and refusing to try, try again.

If you’re having a hard time reaching a goal (or multiple goals for that matter), please know that you are not alone!!  I am in the same seemingly sinking boat.  I’m highly disappointed in myself, completely lacking in commitment and experiencing an overload of self-doubt.  I’m going to try again however and I encourage you to do the same.

Please comment below if you’re going through a similar slump or if you’ve got some great advice on how to dig oneself out of a rut.  I’d really appreciate it!

<3 n

P.S. The photo behind the quote was taken from our balcony last week! :)

2 comments:

  1. i went through a similar slump at the start of the year, it can be a horrible feeling but true strength is being able to work through it! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/02/the-perfect-gluten-free-snacking.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amy! I hope you continue to move forward with lots of success!

    ReplyDelete