Thursday, January 1, 2015

Weekly Blogging in 2015 :)

Yesterday marked the end of my daily blogging in December.  Since I did miss two days (Christmas Day and the day after) I'm not completely satisfied with myself but I am happy that I became more consistent and committed.

It took a few days for me to decide whether to carry on blogging each day throughout 2015 or return to a less demanding (read: more sporadic) schedule.  What I really loved about posting daily was the feeling that I had to do it.  I didn't allow myself to think that not posting was an option.  The downside was the limited time in which I had to churn out another post.  I wasn't proud of some of my posts because I was simply too tired and too rushed while writing them.

The year 2015 will see a happy medium on my blog.  I've decided (this was actually J's idea) to post each weekday and take the weekends off to experience, write and photograph the things about which I will be blogging.  Having a schedule that consists of consecutive days but still allows for some downtime sounds perfect to me.  This also leaves room for something neat I'd like to do in the future.

In addition to consistent weekly blogging, I want to start doing monthly favorites posts.  I love watching these types of videos on YouTube so I think the topic would make for great blog posts.  Since I'm not a beauty guru and I have kids, a job, a fianc√© and loads of other things to juggle, my monthly favorites will be a big blend of products, places and whatever else I'm loving at the moment.

Well I work tomorrow so it's best I head off to bed now.  Sweet dreams and happy New Year!  I hope you had a wonderful New Year's Eve and Day.

<3 n

1 comment:

  1. A happy medium sounds great and is what I want to achieve too. unfortunately december was so stressful for me that I barely managed to get any blog posts done at all, so while youre going to give yourself a bit more time, I plan to start dedicating more time to my blog again and I cant wait! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/01/topshop-beauty-haul.html xx

    ReplyDelete