Thursday, January 15, 2015

Very Thankful Thursday: All the Small Things

I am not content with where I am in life.  I have so much to change and so much growing to do.  I desire so much more than I have and want to give so much more to the world than I have given so far.

Lately, despite this discontentment, I’ve realized how many things I have to be thankful for.  I am a lucky girl.  I have three beautiful, healthy children.  I have the love of an amazing man with whom I laugh, cry and share a happy life.  I have amazing, supportive parents and an equally amazing family.  I have an ex who is one of my best friends and a great father and I have his fiancé who is one of the kindest, sincerest people ever.  It is a privilege to know her and have her in our family.  I have a good job which allows me to work with great people including my best friend.  I have a home which while small is filled with all the love I can imagine and more.

I am not content with where I am in life.  I have so much to change and so much growing to do, but I am thankful for my current state.  Everyday that I wake and see the sun is another day for which I must be thankful.  Although I don’t have as much as some people have, I have more than a lot of people have and for that I must rejoice and be ever so careful not to take it for granted.  Because I have been given so much, I must give just as much to those who do not share my same luck and I am thankful for any opportunities to do just that.

What are you thankful for this week?  What are the small things that amount to huge gratitude?  If you’re in a place in your life where it’s hard to be thankful, don’t worry.  Everyone has felt that way at one time or another, including me.  Sometimes, however, it is those moments of darkness that shine light on the things we are fortunate to have.  Seek them out, hold them close and be thankful.

<3 always,
n

No comments:

Post a Comment