Monday, January 12, 2015

Drink More Water!!

Beginning last Monday, I am participating in a month-long water challenge during which I will be drinking one gallon of water each day.  That's A LOT of water and about 75% more water than I have been consuming on my best water-drinking days.  It's going to be a challenge for sure, but with the added accountability from the others involved, I think I'm up for it.

Here are my half-gallon containers.  They make drinking water easier because they're pink!

Since I'm one of those weird people who doesn't care for the "taste" of water, I'm drinking a lot of infused water.  One of my favorite combos is orange and mint.

Here's the end result!  I've seen (and want to try) water bottles made specifically for creating infused water, but these bottles work fine for me.  I've yet to experience any interruption in water flow due to ingredients getting stuck in the nozzle.


Below I've listed six of the wonderful benefits of water along with notes on how I'm currently feeling in regards to each of these categories.  At the end of the month, I'll be back to talk about my updated feelings and results.

Fights Fatigue
Dehydration is a total energy killer and I am and have been dehydrated for quite some time.  I never drink enough water and - big surprise - I often feel tired.

Improves Cognitive Function
Lately, I've been extremely scatter-brained and my memory has been very poor.  As the brain is about 75% water, chances are I've been thinking with a raisin. 

Eliminates Headaches
Headaches can be caused by dehydration and I do suffer from headaches maybe two or three times per week.

Supports Immunity
I've often joked that I have the immune system of a sponge, but it isn't funny (I just had the flu last week!).  My body soaks up any sickness to which it comes close and colds usually hit me pretty hard.  The benefits of water in regards to immunity and overall body system functions are a huge plus.

Promotes Weight Loss
I could lie and say all the other benefits are super important and weight loss is just one more check box on my list, but I won't.  Losing weight is a big focus for me right now.  After having Sadie, I haven't gotten back to my pre-baby body (which I wasn't 100% happy with anyway) and it's been a huge confidence crusher.  I am certain that I've been feeding my body when really it's begging to be hydrated so drinking more water will definitely help.

Creates Healthy Skin
I suffer from adult acne which is a cruel trick of nature indeed.  I’m not 15 anymore!!  Hopefully, the increase in my water intake will help clear my skin and leave me with a healthy, smooth complexion.

Well, wish me luck on my water quest!  I hope you had a great week and a happy Monday!

<3 n

No comments:

Post a Comment