Thursday, December 11, 2014

Very Thankful Thursday: J to the Rescue

Tonight I wasn't feeling all that thankful and I really didn't know what to write about. I felt like everything was going wrong. When J got home, I hardly talked to him. He asked me what was wrong and I told him I didn't want to tell him. 

Fortunately for me, he is as stubborn as I am and refused to leave my side until I confessed my frustrations. I did and instead of calling me crazy and abandoning me (which is what I would have done to myself if I was in a relationship with me), he promised me things would change and get better. To take it a step further, he outlined a plan to update our routines and get back on track. By the end of the conversation, I was bawling in his arms, feeling completely overwhelmed but hopeful.

Conveniently enough, as all this was going on, there was an episode of Full House playing in which the family got stranded at an airport on Christmas Eve. They managed to make the most of the evening despite the major setback. That's kinda how tonight went for us too.

J and I have had and will continue to have many rough times, but somehow he makes it all ok. He even dragged me off the couch and forced me to blog. He doesn't know this post is about him yet, but he will soon since he's one of my few readers and one of my biggest supporters. :)

I'm sorry for the short, woe-is-me format of today's Thankful Thursday post, but life's like that sometimes and I'd rather be honest with everyone than attempt to write a happy-go-lucky type of post when my heart isn't in it. I'll try to get it together for tomorrow. Promise.

<3 n

No comments:

Post a Comment