Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My Only New Year's Resolution


Well everyone, it’s that time of year again.  It’s 10:12pm on December 31, 2014 and we’ll soon be bidding this year ado and opening a fresh pack of 365 days.  I’m kinda hesitant about 2015 as I don’t really care for odd numbers and it’s the dreaded year in which I will celebrate (or mourn) my 30th birthday.  I was excited for 2014, but it turned out to be fairly mediocre.  It brought me plenty of amazing moments, but it wasn’t the lucky, fantastic, breakout year that I had mentally built it up to be and I did not fulfill many of the resolutions I’d set.

This year, instead of making a dozen promises to myself and growing evermore frustrated as I fail to deliver on them, I am only making one.  My sole resolution for 2015 is to start fresh.  I will leave the past in the past.  I will let go of my mistakes and only bring with me the lessons I’ve learned from them.  I will not allow myself to be limited by fears birthed by previous events.  I will embrace the newness of the New Year and let the bygones of 2014 be bygones.

This is hard to do.  The past is an important thing and it is something to be valued.  It should be used however, as a learning tool not a crutch, not a roadblock nor an excuse to install a safety net.  I know there will be numerous occasions on which I will want to go back to what used to be or not move forward due to fear that history will repeat itself, but with a little determination, I hope to break free from all that and start anew.  This is my only goal.

So with that, I’d like to wish you the best of luck and the happiest New Year!  Here’s to all your New Year’s resolutions whether they be many or few!!

<3 n

No comments:

Post a Comment