Saturday, December 20, 2014

My Current Blogging Ambitions

Tonight, I thought I’d share some of my immediate blogging wish list items.  I have future goals as well, but these are a few things I hope to accomplish sooner rather than later.  Here they are…

Interviews
If I weren’t such an awkward weirdo, I would already be doing this.  I think it would be so fun and informative to interview different people and post those interviews on my blog.  A few thoughts that have been circulating are a interview at the farmer’s market, speaking with my relatives (i.e. my grandma who is 91 years old or my uncle who served during Vietnam) and sitting down with successful people with whom I am acquainted.  Before any of this, I have to muster up the courage to ask people to let me interview them which is why this remains a goal rather than a reality.  At least for now.

Giveaways
Raffling off random gifts is a great way to help build a readership, but I really want to do it because it’s just plain fun.  I’m actually anxiously awaiting the time that I have enough readers to do a giveaway.  The thought of hand picking something to ship off to a reader is so exciting and I’m looking forward to doing it one day if I’m lucky.  So much, in fact, that I’ve already begun a secret Pinterest board for giveaway gift ideas.  I know.  There I go again.  Weird.  Let’s move on, shall we?

Interaction
For a while, I wasn’t aware that blogging is really a community.  It’s not a one-way street.  It’s a conversation between people that share interests, seek information and value each other’s opinions.  I really want to be a part of that.  While I do comment on other blogs occasionally, I know I really need to step it up.  Taking time out of each day to not only blog, but also participate in the community is a task but it’s definitely worth it.  Being able to interact with other bloggers and readers is one of the best parts of blogging.

My Niche
I’ve yet to figure out what I’m really blogging about.  At the moment, I guess I’m in the lifestyle blog category.  Although I’m sure my blog will keep that classification (as I do like to write about a wide variety of life-related topics), I would like to have a clearer vision as to which space in the blog-o-sphere my blog occupies.  I guess the question would be, “What’s my tagline?”  And the outcome remains to be seen.

That’s all for tonight’s post.  I hope you had a great Saturday!  Now go get some rest! :)

<3 n

No comments:

Post a Comment