Monday, December 22, 2014

Motivational Monday: It's Not Failure


To avoid confusion and because it is technically still my Monday night as I've yet to go sleep, I am going to change the time on this post to 11:59pm although it is past midnight as I type this. I completely forgot to blog tonight. No fancy excuses. I simply lost track of time as I was working on some DIY gifts for the office (I'll post pictures tomorrow). Since I did fail, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to ponder failure.

Each failure is, as the quote above suggests, just a brick in the wall of success. It is a pitstop on the road to success. Not a detour. Not a roadblock. It is a necessary part of progress. There is no avoiding it and no sense in attempting to do so.

The most important thing to remember about failure is the lesson you learn from it. That lesson is the mortar that holds those bricks in the wall you're building and the period during each pitstop that allows for some rest and rehydration on the road you're traveling. Use each lesson wisely and move on.

Tonight, in addition to a happy holiday season, I wish not for you to fail, but I wish for you as many failures as it takes to make you a success.

<3 always,
n

No comments:

Post a Comment