Thursday, December 4, 2014

Laugh It Up, Fuzzball!!

There is a reason that laughter is acclaimed as the best medicine. In times of sorrow, hopelessness and fear, a simple, small bit of humor can be the biggest silver lining. I laugh a lot. I'm also stressed a lot. I'm tired a lot. I'm confused and lost and fearful a lot. But I laugh a lot. There is a simple explanation for this - laughter helps.

I can't count the number of times my best friend and I have sat and laughed away whatever is troubling us. Joke after joke, we find the light at the end of the tunnel. We chip away at the barricades in our lives until they are rubble and dust. By making light of dark situations, we belittle them and strip them of their power over us.

Some days I don't want to laugh. I want to wallow in my negative thoughts and feelings and allow them to fester. I want to just allow myself to be sad or angry. This state of mind never lasts though. I'm lucky and blessed to have a sense of humor and to find joy in things that aren't joyful. So today, I'm thankful for laughter and for its ability to take me away from all the stressful things life has to offer, if only for a moment.

I hope everyone has had a good week so far and, if you're experiencing a rough patch in life or even just a tough day, I wish you a whole lot of laughter to see you through.

<3 n

No comments:

Post a Comment