Tuesday, December 23, 2014

DIY Sharpie Mugs


Since last year around this time, I’ve wanted to try the sharpie mug DIY that’s been making its way around Pinterest, YouTube and various blogs.  This year, I finally did it!  So far, I’ve made eleven mugs to give out at the office for Christmas and I’m planning on doing a few more tomorrow night for family and friends.

I used white Fargrik mugs from Ikea and fine point, oil-based Sharpie markers in black, gold and silver.  Sharpie makes these in a wide variety of colors so there are plenty of options from which to choose.  I looked at a few sites for instructions and they are all pretty similar.  The tutorial I followed was this one over at POPSUGAR.

The hardest part about this DIY is keeping a steady hand which I have trouble doing especially when I know it’s important not to wiggle about.  It’s some strange annoying subconscious thing.  Anyway, aside from that, it was a super simple DIY and the possibilities of what to write or draw are endless.  I’m sure I’ll be making more of these in the future for different occasions.  Here they are...

The finished product!

I love how this turned out because the word beer is thin and long and fits well on that narrower part of the cup.

Because it's just so true...

One of my favorites!

For our resident Star Wars fan...

Each mug has the recipient's initial to the right of the handle.

And for the inside, we have candy canes, holiday kisses and hot cocoa and coffee K-Cups (we have a Keurig in the office kitchen).

They are packed and ready to go.

Another one of my faves, this one is for my boss!

Well, it is officially time for bed as my computer is reminding me that there are but 11 minutes left until Christmas Eve.  Time to get this posted and call it a night.  Sweet dreams!

<3 n

No comments:

Post a Comment