Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve 2014!!

Merry Christmas Eve!!

Well guys, it’s here!!  It is Christmas Eve 2014.  It’s 11:27pm right now.  Our kids are all in bed, Santa’s milk and cookies are waiting patiently on the table and J and I are about to head off to bed.  My hope is to make tomorrow morning an early one, knock out all the cooking before 11am and then enjoy the rest of the day with everyone who comes to visit us.  I can’t wait to see the kids open presents as we’ve gotten them some pretty neat stuff this year.  Before I go to sleep, here are a few Christmas Eve photos. :)

I do have a couple more things to wrap, but most of our presents are nestled beneath the tree.

Ella, Hendrix and Sadie got to open one gift which was addressed to all three of them.  While these are obviously far beneath Ella's reading level, we thought they'd be something she could easily sit down and read with her brother and sister.

Endless sadness.  This was the mug I was most proud of and it turned out to be the most damaged.  :( Oh well.  I will be retrying this weekend and gifting it again on Monday.  Wish me luck.

This year, I labeled all J's presents with clues as to what's inside.  Can you guess what this one might be?

Ella carefully created cookies for Santa...

...and then assembled a variety of treats including the cookies, a pumpkin spice K-Cup, milk, a candy cane, a mint, a nice little letter and even Splenda for the reindeer.

J and I agreed to open one gift each after the kids were all asleep.  Here's mine!

It's a little difficult to see, but J's gift was an tomatoey red athletic shirt and a pair of basketball shorts.

In other news, I’m not sure this is my week.  I stayed home from work yesterday because I tripped and fell down the stairs on my way to the car.  My leg is still in a lot of pain and I’ve got some scrapes and lumps, but I don’t think it’s anything too serious.  Last night, I baked the Sharpie mugs I made (as the tutorial stated) and this morning I found the marker flaking off of a few of them.  I was so beyond disappointed to the point where I didn’t even want to take them into the office.  J convinced me to give them out anyway and everyone was very grateful, but I still feel like I completely failed.  To add to my bad luck, I burned myself on the oven tonight while making cookies for Santa with Ella.  What’s going on with me??

Well, Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!!  I hope you’re doing well and enjoying the holiday with the ones you love.  Sweet dreams!

<3 n

No comments:

Post a Comment