Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A Few Lessons I Hope to Learn

In the near future, I will be setting out to learn a variety of new things in order to continue to grow as a person, a mommie, a blogger and beyond.  Here are a few things I want to hit the books about and why.

Photography
I love taking pictures and while people often enjoy the photos I take, I am certainly not a professional.  I’m hoping to become a bit more than a beginner soon however.  I want to learn the fundamentals of photography and cameras so when I point and shoot, I’ll have a better chance at achieving an amazing shot and truly capturing each subject’s importance and beauty.  It also never hurts to have blog-worthy photo when you, I don’t know, write a blog. ;)

Sewing
My mom sews well, but unfortunately her skills were not passed down to me by either nature or nurture.  I remember my attempts at using a sewing machine being eerily similar to a teen’s first time behind the wheel.  You know that comedic gas-brake-gas-brake scene from almost every family-oriented television show ever?  That me was with a Singer.  Now that I know how to maneuver a vehicle without giving my passengers whiplash, maybe it’s time I give sewing another try.

PhotoShop
I’ve wanted to learn PhotoShop for quite sometime, but never really got around to it.  Now that a few future opportunities require the knowledge, it’s imperative that I start acquiring it.  I’m not looking forward to learning a thousand different tools and all their functions and then perfecting my usage of them, but it will be worth it.

Clean Cooking
While I do know how to cook a good many meals of both the healthy and the comfort varieties, I want to further explore the ideas of clean eating, plant-based diets, etc.  I have just recently started to incorporate ingredients like chia seeds into my cooking and doing things like juicing and (ya know) drinking enough water and taking a vitamins when I’m supposed to.  

Bigger, Better Writing
As someone who loves to write, I know constant improvement is key.  I plan to do this mainly by reading whenever I can.  Whether it’s other blogs, a book, a magazine, a news article or even the dictionary, I want to expand my mind, my vocabulary and my writing style by soaking it all in.  In addition to reading, I also want to try to do more writing exercises and maybe find a class to attend.

Happy Tuesday!!  I hope you had a great day!  I am off work tomorrow to do some Chrsitmas shopping and attend Ella’s holiday performance at school.  I can’t believe this will be her very last one in elementary school.  How did this happen so quickly??  I’ll be sure to take plenty of pictures and dispense plenty of tears.  Night night everyone!

<3 n

No comments:

Post a Comment