Monday, June 9, 2014

Full-Time Everything??!



I must admit, as I was re-watching an episode of Rich Kids of Beverly Hills (I know, I know), I felt a bit jealous upon seeing Morgan Stewart’s ability to fully commit herself to her blog.  My worldly responsibilities are wonderful, but it’s definitely difficult to squeeze in writing time between work, three kids, household duties and everything else I’ve got going on.  It would be amazing to have time to just sit and write or, better yet, have the time to go out and experience and photograph things that inspire writing.

Blogging has been a little tough for me recently.  I’m back to work full-time and J’s going to school at night so I’m pretty much on all day with not much downtime.  When I do relax, my brain goes into hibernation and any attempts to wake it are mostly futile.  Although I feel like I could push my body further - wake up earlier, go to bed later - I don’t think my mind can handle working overtime.  Lack of sleep seems to cloud my thoughts making it pretty much impossible to compose anything.

I know if I really want this blog to be a part of my life, I have to make it another one of my full-time responsibilities.  I can’t afford to sacrifice my kids for my work and I can’t afford to sacrifice my work for my kids.  In the same way, I must be unwilling to sacrifice this for anything else.  Every duty must be it’s own full-time layer to my life.  Nothing squeezed in between anything else, but everything happening simultaneously.  I think that’s the only way to accomplish everything I want to do.

I don’t have the luxury of being a full-time blogger but I may have an amazing advantage in that everything I do, each layer of responsibility, adds another opportunity to write about something great, something important. 

This week’s, and my very first, Motivational Monday post is meant to inspire a “do everything” attitude in you (and me too!).  When you feel as if there aren’t enough hours in the day or that you have to give up one passion to pursue another, try your best to weave those things together until they are happening simultaneously and seamlessly.  It most certainly will be difficult, but I’m convinced that the outcome will be worth each and every effort.

<3 n

No comments:

Post a Comment