Friday, April 4, 2014

Lemonade Diet: Day 10

I made it!!  It was honestly far easier than I thought it would have been and I’m so proud of myself for successfully getting through all ten days of this diet.  The end was really bittersweet.  I’m afraid of going back to my regular eating habits and losing the energy and lightness I currently have, but toward the end I was really looking forward to eating like a normal person again.

Tonight, with J’s suggestion and my cleanse buddy’s permission, I went to Red Robin for my post-diet dinner.  I made it through one Guinness and a bowl of soup and that was when I started to feel like my tummy might explode.  Or implode.  Or something bad.  I’d ordered a veggie burger which sat patiently on my plate until it was boxed up, with its ingredients still intact, and taken back to our house where it will wait until tomorrow.

All in all, I must say I feel like this diet was a success.  I feel like I have tons of energy, I did lose a bit of weight and generally I just feel better.  If I could go without food and without feeling like I’m missing out on lots of yummy things, I probably would keep this up for months because I love feeling so energetic all the time.  Unfortunately, that’s probably not a possibility.  Because of this, I wrote down some diet rules for myself which I will share with you now.  I apologize in advance for the sloppy formatting.  This is straight from my iPhone to my blog.

Diet Rules:
Two raw meals per day (protein shake ok - make with almond or coconut milk)
One cooked meal per day
One bread, pasta, potato or rice meal per week (quinoa ok anytime)
One cheat meal per week plus a dessert
Lots of water!! (with lemon, cucumber or mint for flavor)
Raw fruit or veggie snacks only

Well, that officially ends my Lemonade Diet posts.  For now at least…

If you’ve done the Lemonade Diet aka the Master Cleanse and blogged about it, please leave me a link in the comments section.  I’d love to read about your experience!

<3 n

No comments:

Post a Comment