Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Lemonade Diet: Day One

One day down.  Nine to go!  Today I felt pretty good.  I haven’t been hungry at all.  I did eat raw celery sticks and raw kale after work, but that was mostly just for the sake of munching on something.  I’m pretty confident that I can get through the remainder of the day without eating anything else.  I need to drink two more glasses of “lemonade” to make the six-glasses-per-day quota.  I may have a couple more after that depending on how I feel and then finish off the day with the laxative tea.  I’m not doing the salt water flush in the morning (I will probably replace that with more tea).  I’m a working mommie so waking up earlier just to spend time “flushing” is completely out of the question.  No thank you.

Today I thought I’d write a little more about why I decided to do the Master Cleanse.  Admittedly, the thought of quick weight loss is extremely appealing, but that’s not the real reasoning behind all this.  For the last couple weeks, I’ve been searching for something to help jumpstart my fitness journey.  Although I’m back down to my pre-pregnancy weight and I should cut myself some slack since I had two babies in two years, I’ve been a little down about my body lately.  I’m hoping this ten-day fast will help prepare me to eat healthier going forward.  If I do lose a few pounds during this process, I think it will be a huge motivation to continue working on my body.

After the Master Cleanse, I intend to follow a mostly raw diet with a cheat day either once a week or once every two weeks.  I don’t know if I’ll be able to squeeze the gym into our busy schedules, but I’ll work out some type of exercise routine.  At the very least, I need to start walking with the kids after work.  I don’t have a set weight goal.  I just know what I’d like to look and feel like, so I’m working towards that.

The only challenge during this first day was remembering not to eat and keeping thoughts of food out of my head.  On a normal day, I wouldn’t day dream or drool.  On a diet day however, I can’t stop thinking about food.  That said, today was pretty easy and if the next nine days follow suit, I should be just fine.


<3 n

No comments:

Post a Comment