Monday, February 3, 2014

What's on the Menu Monday: Super Bowl Snacks and Drinking Solo??!



Breakfast: Starbucks Pike Place Coffee with International Delight Sweet Cream Creamer

Lunch: For lunch, I had a salad with mozzarella, olives and bleu cheese dressing.  It was left over from yesterday.  In fact, it had remained untouched until I opened it this afternoon.  Never invite a salad to a Super Bowl gathering…

Dinner: More Super Bowl leftovers!  The picture above is the meal my mom prepared yesterday which included a mushroom, spinach and artichoke dish (which she made especially for me without the chicken she and my dad had), macaroni and cheese and collard greens.  It was delicious.  I had that same thing for dinner tonight minus the mac and cheese.

Dessert: Ah Super Bowl, I love you in so many ways and yet your leftovers leave me in loathing.  I had chips, soda and even a Dos Equis.  I can usually behave when it comes to food as long as it’s not sitting in our fridge, spread out on our table or otherwise readily available. Unfortunately, junk food was in abundance after the big game and I completely caved.  On another note, I’m alone with a sleeping Sadie right now, as J took Hendrix to his godfather’s surprise party and Ella is with her daddy.  I hardly ever drink if I’m not out somewhere in an adult setting (which is also a rarity) and I can count on half a hand how many times I’ve had a drink at home by myself.  Today was one of those days however - long and in need of a little bit of liquor.

No comments:

Post a Comment