Thursday, January 9, 2014

Very Thankful Thursday: Art for Art's Sake



For as long as I can remember, I’ve loved to write and sketch and create.  I’m not convinced that I’m especially good at any of it, but I love art just the same.  I think you can identify things you’re passionate about by the rush they give you.  It’s that feeling that you’re doing something that you’re meant to do.  It feels right.  One of the things I love about art is that while it can be extremely purposeful, it doesn’t have to be.  I have created countless meaningless drawings, unnecessary scripts and a small pile of paintings that have neither a name nor a home.  I’m thankful for the relaxing nature of art, for its lightness and for the delightfully superfluous role it plays in my life.  This week, I’m trying to focus on painting.  I have a few ideas I want to sketch out and my painting for Ella is still waiting patiently to be completed.  Wish me luck!!

What are you thankful for this week?  Leave a comment and let me know!

<3 n

No comments:

Post a Comment