Friday, January 31, 2014

Gymuary: 30 Day Trial Expired

Fail.  Completely epic fail.  In the thirty-one days that January provided me, I only used five of them to visit the gym.  Fail.

My goal for this month's 30 Day Trial was to workout three days per week. A quick bit of math will tell you that I didn't succeed. I forgot how tiring life as a working mom can be and I greatly underestimated the difficultly level of getting back into a routine after living off the clock for three months.  When I get home from work, only two things occupy my thoughts - kids and sleep.

The days I did make it to the gym were wonderful.  Day one was a challenge so I took it slow.  Day two was literally an uphill battle.  The stairs kicked my butt.  By day three however, I could already feel my body building its tolerance to my workouts and it felt great.  If it weren't for my inability to muster up some post-work workout energy, I think I'd still be going strong.

Despite my failure, this month brought me a few fitness-related successes.  I ate far healthier than I have in the last couple months.  I dropped a few pounds (yay - bye bye baby weight!).  And my disappointment in myself served as a reminder that I need to try harder next month - especially since J and I have a bet going on whose body will look better by summertime.

If you'd like to read the introduction to this month's 30 Day Trial, click here.  To read the results of December's 30 Day Trial, click here.  If you're wondering what the heck my 30 Day Trials are all about, click here.

Don't forget to check back tomorrow for the start of a whole new 30 Day Trial!!  I have something pretty fun and educational planned.  As always, feel free to comment and join me in trying something new each month!

<3 n

No comments:

Post a Comment