Monday, December 9, 2013

What's on the Menu Monday: Soup Weather



Breakfast: As we headed out the door to the gym this morning, I quickly ate some shredded wheat cereal with sliced banana.  For some reason, I haven’t had cereal for the longest time.  It was a nice change from my usual coffee-only breakfasts.

Lunch: Nothing complements cold, windy weather better than soup.  I made a pot of sopa de fideo (with shells instead of regular pasta).  The recipe is borrowed from J’s mom with a couple of very slight modifications.

Snack: Raspberries and blueberries

Dinner: Sopa leftovers!

Dessert: For dessert, we had cake baked by my mom and decorated by Ella (as seen above).  I’m still not quite sure what the inspiration for her design was.  She drew several things onto the frosting in icing and then proceeded to cover most of it up with the green sprinkles.  In any case, it tasted great!

No comments:

Post a Comment