Thursday, December 5, 2013

Very Thankful Thursday: It's That Time of Year

Since I was busy cooking and stuffing my face on the most thankful of Thursdays, I neglected to write about what I was grateful for last week.  This week, as we are now post-Thanksgiving and pre-Christmas, I’ve decided to write about that thing that makes the holiday season so truly special.  Family!  It’s extremely cliche, but the holidays do seem to be a grand reminder of the importance of one’s kinfolk.

Admittedly, I am the worst at keeping in touch.  I’m constantly telling myself, “I’ll call [name of loved one] as soon as I finish [task that is currently petitioning for my time and attention]!”  And then that never happens because something else comes up and before I know it it’s tomorrow and I start that same cycle all over again.  Nevertheless, I love and appreciate each one of my family members - and friends as many of them are so close to me that they’re practically family and I consider them to be just that.

I’m so grateful to have people I can confide in, laugh with and even vent to when necessary.  They accept me no matter how wacky I am and they’re always there to pick me up regardless of how down I get.  My parents and siblings have been, and remain to this day, beyond supportive and I’m so thankful for each of them.  I’m blessed to have a wonderful partner who doubles as a best friend and three beautiful healthy children.  Even when Ella is talking back or Hendrix and Sadie are wailing simultaneously, they’re precious and their presence in my life is invaluable.

So, although I shouldn’t require a reminder, I’m glad the holidays have come around once again to help me remember to be super thankful for my family.  Here’s to another year of being surrounded by the most amazing people I know!

Please comment and tell me what you’re thankful for this week or what you’re most thankful for during the holidays!


<3 n

No comments:

Post a Comment