Sunday, December 1, 2013

30 Day Trial: Read All About It!!


I have a confession.  I am not a reader.  I’d love to be a reader.  I’d love to be one of those people who immerses themselves in literature and simply can’t put a book down once they’ve picked it up, but I’m not.  Lack of time combined with an unwillingness to dedicate my attention to anything more than a short news article or the description section below a YouTube video, has made me, well, not exactly book club material.  I realize that, as someone who enjoys writing, this is extremely detrimental.

And so, I pledge to read for at least an hour each day during the month of December.  This shouldn’t be too difficult, in the beginning at least, since I just bought The Hunger Games trilogy for my Kindle.  I downloaded it as soon as we got home after watching Catching Fire.  I can’t wait to know what happens in the third book, but I figured I should read the first two books instead of relying solely on their cinematic counterparts.  Yes, I understand that the series is geared toward young adults but hey,  I’m trying to get back into reading.  Starting with something simple that I know I’ll enjoy is probably the best approach.

I’m hoping that this month-long commitment to being a bookworm will help me establish a regular reading routine.  If it does, I’m sure I won’t be the only beneficiary of this experiment.    I’ll be able to set a great example for the kids (mainly Ella as she is the only one who can read at the moment) and spark a love of books in each of them.

Be sure to check back on December 31st for the results of this month’s 30 day trial!


<3 n

No comments:

Post a Comment